NEWPRIDE INTERNATIONAL LTD conducts its business with high level of sensitivity to drugs pending and its abuse. The abuses of drugs and alcohol impair performance at work, and can be a serious threat to safety, environment, health, and productivity. The company wishes to ensure that all employees recognizes this threat and aims at countering its effect by minimizing the risks involved. In order to achieve this, the following policy will apply• Employees who are dependent upon alcohol; or drugs are encouraged to seek medical advice, and to follow appropriate treatment promptly. High level of dependence leads to termination of employment party involved.
• It is strictly prohibited for any employee to be at work whist impaired by, or not fit for work as a result of drugs or alcohol consumption.
• The illicit use, possession, distribution, or sales of illegal drugs on company business or work location is strictly prohibited. In pursuing this policy, the company will continue to respect the rights of individuals, and will minimize intrusion into their private lives. It must be realized that the company as a good employer; has established “In-house rules” to keep law and order within the enterprises for the safety or persons, properties and the environment.
• Declaration of occupational disease notice, 1995 (caps. 126) P.5533
• First aid boxes, (prescribed standard) order, 1957(caps. 126,vol. iii) p. 5551)
• Food and drug Acts (1990)
• Public health law 1963 caps 52 C & F eastern Nigeria.